Machete Watch Bands
How Do You Adjust a MACHETE Watch Band?
To adjust your MACHETE smart watch band, we recommend using our Watch Resizing Kit and watching this tutorial video before beginning. Here's what you need to do:
1. Remove the protective wrap from your watch band.
2. Flip your watch band over and look for the small arrows on the back of the band. These arrows indicate which direction to push out the pins.
3. Align the replacement head of the resizing kit to the pin head on the link you’re removing from the watch band.
4. Screw the replacement head onto the pin head to push the pin out.
5. Once the pin head pops out at the end of the link, start retracting the replacement screw on the resizing device. Be careful not to push the replacement head too far into the watch link or it may get stuck.
6. Pull the pin out with your hands. You should have two separate pieces of your watch band.
7. Repeat steps 2-6 for the other pin on the opposite side of the link you’re removing. The link should detach completely from the watch band. Repeat with as many other links as necessary to get the fit you want.
8. Flip the watch band over and find the arrows that indicate which direction to push the pin again. This time, you’ll want to put the pin in the opposite direction as you pushed out. Once again, use the replacement screw to push the pin back into place until the pin head is flush with the side of the watch link.
To read more about adjusting MACHETE Apple Watch Bands, read our blog here.
How Do You Take Links Out of a MACHETE Watch Band?
To take the links out of your MACHETE watch band, start by flipping your watch band over and using the arrows on the back of the band to push out the pin. Use the MACHETE resizing kit to align the replacement head to the pin head on the link you want to remove. Screw the replacement head onto the pin. This will push the pin out of the link. Retract the replacement screw on the resizing kit. Then, pull the pin out with your hands. The watch band should now be in two separate pieces. You can repeat this process to remove as many links as you want from your MACHETE watch band.
At What Stores Can You Get a Watch Band Resized?
The best places to get your watch band resized would be jewelry stores or department stores. These places often have trained employees who are deftly trained at resizing bands on different types of watches.