French Hair Pin FAQs
How do you use a French hair pin?
To use a French hair pin for a classic twist, there are three steps.
1. Begin the Twist: Gather your hair into a low ponytail and start twisting it gently.
2. Form the Loop: Place your right index finger to the left of the ponytail, pointing downwards. Loop your ponytail over your finger, twist it once around your finger, then curl your finger to roll the hair upwards into a twist.
3. Secure with the Pin: Take the French hair pin, holding it outwardly. Place it across the bun, grabbing some hair. Flip the pin in the opposite direction, sliding it deep into the bun for a secure hold. Push it through to finish.
Can you use French pins on fine hair?
The most important things to remember when using a French pin in fine hair:
1. Choose the Right Size: For fine hair, opt for smaller, lighter French pins that won't weigh down your hair.
2. Secure the Style: If needed, use a second pin in a criss-cross manner for extra hold.
Can you use French pins on short hair?
Here’s how to use a French pin on short hair:
1. Choose the Right Spot: Find a section of your hair where the pin can securely hold. This is usually at the back of your head or near the crown.
2. Twist or Gather Hair: Lightly twist or gather a small section of your hair. You don’t need a lot; just enough to give the pin something to grip.
3. Slide in the Pin: Hold the twisted hair with one hand, and with the other, slide the French pin against your scalp, then flip it and push it back through the hair. This creates a firm hold.
4. Adjust for Comfort: Gently adjust the pin and your hair until it feels comfortable and secure.
How do you put in a French hair pin?
To put in a French hair pin, begin by twisting your hair. Then, slide in the pin near your scalp and push it back through the hair once inserted. Once the pin comes back through, adjust for comfort or insert a second pin to secure a hold on the hair.
How should I wear a French hair pin?
There are a couple of different French pin hairstyles you can make with a French pin. One, you can use it to make a half bun. Two, you could use it to make a modern twist in your hair. Three, you can use the French pin to make a twisted half-up. Finally, you could use the French hair pin to make a classic twist-style updo.